GED TEST - North Dakota High School Equivalency Diploma

How can I prepare to take my GED test?

  • You can call an Adult Learning Center near you and make an appointment

How much does it cost to attend an Adult Learning Center?

  • There is no cost to the student to attend any Adult Learning Center in North Dakota.

How long does it take to get ready to take the GED Test?

  • It depends on how long and how frequently you can attend classes at the ALC. You can get a reasonably good idea on how long it will take you to complete when you make an appointment for your initial visit with the ALC.

How can I find out where to go for my GED Test preparation?

  • There are over 40 sites in North Dakota where one can go for preparation of the GED Test click on a site near you.

Where do they give the official tests?

  • The official GED Tests are given in an approved GED Testing Center. There are over 20 approved testing sites in North Dakota. Click on to find a Testing Center near you.

How much does it cost to take the test?

  • The testing fees vary from test center to test center. You can call the GED testing site to find out local requirements.

How long does it take to complete all of the tests?

  • There are five tests in the GED Battery and it takes approximately eight hours to complete the entire test.

Can I take one or two tests at a time?

  • You can take as many tests as you like in one sitting. However, we do recommend that you take one or two tests at one time. You can work out these arrangements with the testing site.

How long does it take to get my diploma after I take my test?

  • It takes approximately ten to fourteen days to score and issue a diploma and a transcript of your scores.

Is there a cost for getting my GED diploma?

  • The original diploma and a transcript will be issued at no cost to you. However, if you wish to request a duplicate diploma with a transcript the cost is $10. If you wish to request just a transcript, the cost is $2.00. To order a duplicate diploma or a transcript you must do the following:
    • 1) request a duplicate copy of your record in writing or stop in the State Adult Education Office at the State Capitol Building in Bismarck and sign a release form.
    • 2) present an official picture ID if you show up in person.
    • 3) send or bring appropriate fee (transcript $2.00 or diploma/transcript $10.00).
    • We do not accept credit cards, the payment should be made by money order or cashiers check.